ESCAP has the following six regional institutions:
- Asian and Pacific Centre for Transfer of Technology (New Delhi, India)
- Asian and Pacific Training Centre for Information and Communication Technology for Development (Incheon City, Korea)
- Centre for the Alleviation of Poverty through Sustainable Agriculture (Bogor, Indonesia)
- Statistical Institute for Asia and the Pacific (Makuhari, Chiba Prefecture, Japan)
- Centre for Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization (Beijing, China).
- Asian and Pacific Centre for the Development of Disaster Information Management (Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran)
The regional institutions support the substantive divisions of ESCAP in their programming goals. Each regional institute has a governing council. Governing councils are responsible for reviewing the institutes’ administration and financial status; implementation of programme of work; advising the institute directors on the formulation of the programme of work.