Conference Bulletin No. 3: Arrangements for election to the Governing Councils
ARRANGEMENTS FOR ELECTION TO THE GOVERNING COUNCILS OF
I. ASIAN AND PACIFIC TRAINING CENTRE FOR INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY FOR DEVELOPMENT (APCICT)
II. CENTRE FOR ALLEVIATION OF POVERTY THROUGH SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURE (CAPSA)
III. CENTRE FOR SUSTAINABLE AGRICULTURAL MECHANIZATION (CSAM)
1. In accordance with Conference Bulletin No. 2, the secretariat closed nominations for election to the new Governing Councils of APCICT, CAPSA and CSAM at 12:00 hours on Tuesday, 26 May 2015. At that time, nominations had been received from the following members of the Commission, in alphabetical order.
Host country: Republic of Korea
5. Iran (Islamic Republic of)
8. Sri Lanka
For CAPSA (Bogor)
Host country: Indonesia
6. Papua New Guinea
8. Sri Lanka
For CSAM (Beijing)
Host country: China
6. Sri Lanka
8. Viet Nam
2. The Governing Councils of APCICT and CSAM are to consist of the host country and 8 members and associate members elected by the Commission.
3. The Governing Councils of CAPSA is to consist of the host country and no fewer than 8, but no more than 14 representatives of members and associate members of the Commission elected by the Commission.
4. The election to the Governing Council of APCICT will take place in Conference Room 1, Level 2, United Nations Conference Centre (UNCC). In accordance with paragraph 6 of the Commission’s terms of reference, member Governments, but not associate members, are entitled to vote. Voting will be by secret ballot. Ballot papers will be provided in the Election Room.
5. All member Governments present at the session are invited to cast a vote at any time of their convenience, between 14:00 and 16:00 hours on Thursday, 28 May 2015.
6. For the Governing Council of APCICT, members are invited to vote for up to (and not exceeding) eight member Governments from the final list of candidates.
7. The Governing Council of CAPSA is to consist of the host country and no fewer than 8 but not more than 14 representatives. Since only nine nominations were received, election is not needed.
8. The Governing Council of CSAM is to consist of the host country and 8 representatives. Since only 8 nominations were received, election is also not needed.
9. Delegations are welcome to observe the voting process. The votes will be counted immediately after the closure of voting at 16:00 hours.