Conference Bulletin No. 3: Arrangements for election to the Governing Councils
ARRANGEMENTS FOR ELECTION TO THE GOVERNING COUNCILS OF
I. STATISTICAL INSTITUTE FOR ASIA AND THE PACIFIC (SIAP)
II. ASIAN AND PACIFIC CENTRE FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF DISASTER INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (APDIM)
1. In accordance with Conference Bulletin No. 2, the secretariat closed nominations for election to the new Governing Councils of SIAP and APDIM at 12:00 hours on Monday, 16 May 2016. At that time, nominations had been received from the following members and associate members of the Commission, in alphabetical order.
v. Republic of Korea
vi. Russian Federation
iv. Macao, China
viii. Sri Lanka
2. The Governing Council of SIAP is to consist of the host country and 8 representatives.
3. The Governing Council of APDIM is to consist of the host country and 8 representatives.
4. The elections to the Governing Council of SIAP and APDIM will take place in Conference Room 1, Level 2, United Nations Conference Centre (UNCC). In accordance with paragraph 6 of the Commission’s terms of reference, member Governments, but not associate members, are entitled to vote. Voting will be by secret ballot. Ballot papers will be provided in the Election Room.
5. All member Governments present at the session are invited to cast a vote at any time of their convenience, between 14:00 and 16:00 hours on Wednesday, 18 May 2016.
6. Delegations are welcome to observe the voting process. The votes will be counted immediately after the closure of voting at 16:00 hours.