The Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway Subregional Steering Group Meeting for North and Central Asia
The 73rd session of the ESCAP Commission in May 2017 adopted resolution 73/6 on the implementation of the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (AP-IS) through regional cooperation. The resolution invited members and associate members to cooperate in the implementation of the Master Plan for the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway and the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway Regional Cooperation Framework Document as endorsed by the Committee on Information and Communications Technology, Science, Technology and Innovation at its first session.In response, ESCAP co-hosted with Bangladesh the first session of the Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway (AP-IS) Steering Committee, 1-2 November 2017, Dhaka, Bangladesh. One of the objectives of meeting was to facilitate discussions and proposals from ESCAP member States on the regional and subregional implementation plans of the AP-IS initiative.
The second session of the AP-IS from 27-28 August 2018 and the second session of the Committee on Information and Communications Technology, Science, Technology and Innovation (CICTSTI) from 29 to 31 August 2018 will discuss and build the regional consensus on moving ahead with subregional implementation.
Against this background, the objectives of the meeting include:
(a) update participants on the current status of broadband connectivity in North and Central Asia and progress made in subregional broadband projects;
(b) facilitate the discussion among the participants and prioritization of the AP-IS subregional plan for North and Central Asia; and
(c) agree on the way forward, including activities to be undertaken in 2019 as part of the AP-IS Master Plan implementation, among participants and partners.
- Asia-Pacific Information Superhighway in Central Asia, Subregional Implementation, ESCAP.pdf
- Consolidated Slides rev_0.pdf
- AP-IS SC Meeting Report Final_0.pdf
- CICTSTI_2018_9 Report Eng_0.pdf
- CICTSTI_2018_9 Report_Russian_0.pdf
- Armenia Presentation_0.pdf
- Chinese International Optical Cable Interconnection, CAICT.pdf
- Practice and Case Study on Cross-border Cable Project, CAICT_0.pdf
- Trans-Eurasian Information Super Highway (TASIM) Presentation.pdf