Asia-Pacific Stats Cafe series: COVID-19 Data Portals
The sixth series of Asia-Pacific Stat Cafe on "COVID-19 Data Portals" was held on Monday, 13 July 2020 from 12:00-13:00 p.m. (Bangkok time, GMT+7).
National Statistical Offices across Asia and the Pacific are responding to the COVID-19 pandemic with a variety of new statistical solutions.
In this Asia-Pacific Stats Café, we discuss the experience of countries and development partners standing-up COVID-19 data portals and the responses from users to their innovative data solutions. This Stats Café session will feature:
- Statistics New Zealand COVID-19 Data Portal
- WHO COVID-19 Data Portal
- ESCAP COVID-19 policy response Data Portal
- Q&A and discussions
- Gemma Van Halderen, is the Director of Statistics Division in ESCAP. Her work is to improve the use of statistics for evidence-based decision making and to develop and disseminate quality statistics for inclusive, sustainable and resilient societies in the ESCAP region.
- Richard Evans works for Statistics New Zealand as the General Manager for Economic and Environment Insights. Prior to joining Stats NZ, he worked for Statistics Canada as an expert in high-frequency economic indicators. He is passionate about using data science and AI to create user-centric data products from big data sources.
- Doris Ma Fat works at the World Health Organization as a statistician in the Department of Data and Analytics. She is currently supporting the development of several portals on cause-of-death statistics.
- Ravi Shankar works at the World Health Organization for the global polio eradication initiative as a GIS & Mapping expert. He also supports the ongoing health emergencies of Covid19.
- Dayyan Shayani is a statistician in the ESCAP Statistics Division, supporting the Asia-Pacific SDG Gateway and other data portals. He strives to bring data to the forefront of the sustainable development discourse, enhancing their management, dissemination and visualization.
See others Asia-Pacific Stats Café series