High-level Political Forum 2019
The 2019 High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF), convened under the auspices of the Economic and Social Council, will be held from 9 to 18 July 2019. The ministerial meeting of the Forum will be held from 16 to 18 July 2019.
The Forum is meeting under the theme "Empowering people and ensuring inclusiveness and equality," and will review the following Global Goals:
- Goal 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- Goal 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- Goal 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
- Goal 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- Goal 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- Goal 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
This year, 47 countries will present their Voluntary National Reviews (VNR) at the Forum to track progress toward the 2030 Agenda. The Reviews are state-led, involving ministerial and high-level participants, and provide a platform for stakeholder partnerships.
An Expert Group Meeting was held from 6 to 7 May 2019 to prepare member States and stakeholders for the organizational review of HLPF at the forthcoming 74th session of the UN General Assembly.