Regional Capacity Building Workshop on Urban Mobility and Sustainable Urban Transport Index
United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) is collaborating with the Ministry of Transport, Viet Nam and the United Nations Centre for Regional Development (UNCRD) to organize the Regional Capacity Building Workshop on Urban Mobility and Sustainable Urban Transport Index in Hanoi, Viet Nam on 28 and 29 October 2019.
The Committee on Transport held in November 2018 endorsed the Sustainable Urban Transport Index (SUTI) as a tool to measure sustainability of urban transport systems and services and requested for its wider application in the region.
The objectives of the workshop are to: (i) introduce the Sustainable Urban Transport Index (SUTI) and data collection guideline; (ii) share the results of assessment of urban mobility using SUTI in Asian cities; (iii) discuss policies and strategies to enhance sustainability of urban mobility in the region; and (iv) promote the application of SUTI in other cities/countries.
The workshop is being organized as an integral part of and in conjunction with the Intergovernmental Twelfth Regional Environmentally Sustainable Transport (EST) Forum in Asia co-organized by the Ministry of Transport, Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment, Ministry of Construction and Hanoi People's Committee, the Government of Viet Nam, Ministry of the Environment, Japan, UNESCAP and UNCRD of Division for Sustainable Development Goals/ United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs. The theme of the Forum is “Achieving Smart and Resilient Cities Through Low-Carbon and Intelligent Transport System.” The Forum includes dedicated sessions focusing on various aspects of urban mobility.
For more on the Forum, please visit Twelfth Intergovernmental Regional Environmentally Sustainable Transport (EST) Forum in Asia
Ms. Wanna Kunsabfueng, UNESCAP, email@example.com
Dr. Ganesh Raj Joshi, UNCRD, firstname.lastname@example.org, UNCRD , (EST Forum)
Ms. Nguyen Quynh Trang , Ministry of Transport, Viet Nam, email@example.com
Ms. Nguyen Thi Thu Ha, Ministry of Transport, Viet Nam, firstname.lastname@example.org
The content of the presentations are the responsibility of presenters/experts/city representatives. United Nations cannot confirm authenticity of data and opinion presented.
- 1. Overview of the Workshop - ESCAP
- 2. SUTI data collection Guideline and application of SUTI in Asian Cities - ESCAP
- 3. Urban Mobility in Thimphu and Application of SUTI - Royal Thimphu College, Bhutan
- 4. Urban Mobility in Khulna and Application of SUTI - Khulna University, Bangladesh
- 5. Urban Mobility in Bhopal and Application of SUTI - India
- 6. Urban Mobility and application of SUTI in Tehran - Islamic Republic of Iran
- 7. Urban Mobility in Ulaanbaatar and Application of SUTI - Mongolia
- 8. Urban Mobility in Suva and application of SUTI - Fiji
- 9. Urban transport in major cities in Viet Nam - Viet Nam
- 10. Integrated urban transport planning and transit-oriented development - India
- 11. Improvement of urban transport system in Bandung - Indonesia
- 12. Strategies for improving urban mobility in Kathmandu and other major cities in Nepal - Nepal
- 13. Decarbonization of Transport in Urban Context - SLoCaT
- 14. Policies and strategies for improving urban transport: perspectives of development partners, and international organizations