Regional Framework for the Development of Dry Ports of International Importance for South-East Asia Capacity Building Workshop
As part of its activities supporting the implementation of the Intergovernmental Agreement on Dry Ports, which entered into force in April 2016, ESCAP prepared a Regional Framework for the Development, Design, Planning and Operation of Dry Ports of International Importance. After discussion with government officials from the region, the framework was reviewed and presented at the Second Meeting of the Working Group on Dry Ports, Bangkok, 14-15 November 2017. The Regional Framework identifies fundamental issues related to the development and operation of dry ports and for each of these issues proposes a related target and provides guidance on ways to reach each target.
This workshop is aimed at building the capacity of transport policy makers and dry port operators of ESCAP member countries to plan, design, develop and operate dry ports of international importance utilizing the approaches suggested in the Regional Framework and will include training sessions, case studies and practical exercises.
- ECE Presentation UNLOCODE
- ESCAP Presentation Dry port Regional Framework
- ESCAP Presentation Status of the Implementation of the Intergovernmental Agrement Dry Ports
- Presentation by The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- ESCAP Presentation Part 1 Introduction to Dry Ports and the Transport Network
- ESCAP Presentation Part 2 Policy Issues and Financing of Dry Ports
- ESCAP Presentation Part 3 Concepts and Methods for Desigining and Operating Dryports