ASEAN Forum on Fostering Women’s Entrepreneurship:Transforming Prospects, Transforming Societies
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) is organizing the ASEAN Forum on Women’s Entrepreneurship in Singapore on 9 June, in partnership with the Institute for Societal Leadership and the Shirin Fozdar Programme at the Singapore Management University, and the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women initiative.
The Forum aims to encourage efforts in creating an enabling legal and policy environment for women’s economic participation. Participants include government, business and civil society representatives, as well as women entrepreneurs.
A report on Fostering women’s entrepreneurship in ASEAN: Transforming prospects, transforming societies will also be launched at the Forum. The publication proposes key actions that can be taken by ASEAN governments to address the constraints facing women entrepreneurs in the region.
What: ASEAN Forum on Fostering Women’s Entrepreneurship: Transforming Prospects, Transforming Societies
- Mr. Nagesh Kumar, Director, Social Development Division, ESCAP
- Ms. Claire Chiang, Chairperson, Shirin Fozdar Programme, Singapore Management University
- Ms. Sheila Patel, CEO, International Goldman Sachs Asset Management
- Ms. Rodora T. Babaran, Director, Human Development Directorate, ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community Department, ASEAN Secretariat
- Ms. Tin Pei Ling, Deputy Chairperson, Government Parliamentary Committee for Social and Family Development, Singapore
Where: Function Room 4.1, Administration Building, Singapore Management University, 81 Victoria Street, Singapore
- 09:00 – 10:30 Opening ceremony
- 11:00 – 12:30 High-level roundtable ‘Unlocking the potential of women entrepreneurs in ASEAN’
- 14:00 – 15:30 Panel discussion on ‘Enhancing access to finance and credit’
- 16:00 – 17:00 Panel discussion on ‘Harnessing the power of technology for women’s entrepreneurship’
- 17:00 – 18:00 Panel discussion on ‘Creating an enabling ecosystem for women’s entrepreneurship’
- 18:00 – 18:15 Closing session
For media enquiries, please contact:
Katie Elles, Public Information Officer, Strategic Communications and Advocacy Section, ESCAP, M: (66) 9481 525 36 / E: email@example.com